Monday, April 11, 2011

B & K Family

I just got back from a photo shoot and I was so excited about the pictures that I couldn't wait to start editing! Luckily it was nap time for the kids.

Keala wanted to do family pictures at Whatcom Falls. I thought this was the perfect choice, because it screams "Washington!" We live in the middle of a forrest. It is this beautiful here.

The longer I have done photography the more simple my taste and style has become. For me photography is meant to tell a story. It is meant to capture life as it is. Photoshop editing is fun and some of it is necessary, but I like to leave my coloring as is. Just the way I shoot it. Just the way it was captured. It gives it a natural feel, a real feel.

I told them they would look back at these pictures one day and remember they were taken while living in Washington. You can't deny it!


These boys are charming. They were super cooperative and we only had to pull out a bribe once at the very end of the shoot!





No comments:

Post a Comment